To provide, administer, coordinate, promote and advocate for the provision of equitable, appropriate, accessible, affordable and acceptable quality health services and care to Zimbabweans whilst maximizing the use of available resources in line with the Primary Health Care Approach.
- Coordinate the development of health policies, programs and strategies and set-up of national standards and guidelines;
- Monitor disease trends, quality of care and health status of the population;
- Create a conducive health regulatory environment for both the private and public providers of health;
- Commission research and ensure inter-agency coordination;
- Liaise with international health organizations and donor agencies on health matters;
- Develop and implement comprehensive population health programs including child care; and
- Provide financial, human resources management and administrative support services including risk management.