To promote and facilitate the equitable provision of quality, inclusive and relevant Infant, Junior and Secondary Education.
OVERALL FUNCTIONS OF THE MINISTRY
- Provide and promote quality, inclusive, holistic and relevant Infant (ECD A and B, Grade 1 and 2), Junior (Grade 3 – 7) and Secondary Education (forms 1-6);
- Strategic planning and development, research, implementation, monitoring and review of policies for the development of Primary and Secondary Education;
- Implement the curriculum with a bias towards Mathematics, Science, Technology, Information Communication technology (ICT), Entrepreneurship and orientation towards industry;
- Promote the mainstreaming, access to and participation in school sport, arts and culture;
- Administer all public examinations (Grade 7, ‘O’ and ‘A’ Levels); and
- Provide and facilitate the acquisition of essential equipment for education;
- Capacity Develop staff of the Ministry for effective implementation of the curriculum; and
- Increase learner achievements.