To uphold, develop and provide accessible, efficient and effective justice delivery.
- Provide sound legal services;
- Incarcerate and rehabilitate offenders;
- Revise, reform and review the laws of Zimbabwe;
- Undertake legal research and formulate policies;
- Provide community services to offenders for appropriate rehabilitation;
- Register and protect proprietary rights in land, formal business and Intellectual property;
- Provide legal assistance to the indigent; and
- Promote the Constitution.