To facilitate, provide and manage transport and infrastructure networks and services.
- Formulate national transport and infrastructure policies;
- Plan, design, construct and maintain regional trunk roads, state roads and bridges;
- Plan, construct, operate and maintain the railway infrastructure and network in compliance with relevant national and international standards;
- Ensure that the transport Sector complies with national and international standards;
- Provide services that ensure safety of road, rail air and inland waters traffic;
- Supervise and administer relevant national and international regulations, treaties and protocols of all aspects of Transport and Infrastructure Sectors; and
- Provide, operate and maintain transport and equipment services.