To facilitate and promote the development of sustainable, innovative, inclusive and globally competitive industrial and commercial enterprises for economic growth.
A highly industrialised, technologically advanced and diversified Zimbabwean, economy by 2025.
- Promote and develop industrialisation
- Formulate and implement industrial policies and strategies for industrial and commercial growth;
- Formulate and implement trade policies and strategies for export promotion;
- Promote, maintain and expand mutually advantageous trade and trade relations with foreign countries and businesses;
- Formulate and implement strategies to promote fair competition and consumer protection;
- Developing and implementing strategies to promote consumer protection;
- Formulate, implement and review policies on quality and standards;
- Monitor the operations of parastatals, state enterprises and grant aided institutions under the Ministry.